In October 1979 the first serial Leopard 2 tank was handed over to the German Army, the Bundeswehr. After 40 years in service with several upgrades it is still counted as one of the best in the world. Several armed forces in the world have it in their inventory. It has served with KFOR in the Kosovo and with ISAF in Afghanistan. This campaign is to honour the Leopard 2. There are so many kits out from all kind of manufacturers, old and new, so let's build them.
The Rules and Regs
1. Entry is limited to the whole Leopard 2 tank family, including engineer, recovery and anti aircraft tanks with a chassis based on the Leopard 2.
2. Only Leopard 2 from countries who have the tank in their inventory. No what-if.
3. All scales, all manufacturers possible
4. Already started builds should be no further than step 3 in the instruction plan to be valid for the campaign.
5. Your model can stand alone or in a dio, built out of box or with aftermarket parts.
6. At least 3 work-in-progress photos have to be posted in the campaign thread (the more the better) and a minimum of 2 photos of the finished model must be shown in the campaign gallery to qualify for a ribbon.
7. You can build as many Leopards as you like but you'll get only 1 ribbon per person.
8. Model cannot be used in another campaign.
9. This campaign is all about the fun of building scale models, so let's go for it!