@mal - yeah i'm pleased with the seat, and its not too hard to wrap them in mesh, so its something i will continue doing on these WW1 builds, although it nearly fell victim to the carpet monster the week before last!
@ jon - thanks! the red was pretty easy to do, the white stripe took about two or three goes before i got it parallel and in line.
last week, despite being ravaged by man flu, i put some bracing wires in place on the inside of the cockpit, i used fishing line for the wire itself, this particular one has a blueish metallic finish, so seems perfect for wires.
something else i happened on, is gorilla glue gel, which I've found to be really easy to use, sets really quick, and doesn't flow everywhere.
halfway through, all i did was glue the line into one corner, let it set, glue the opposite corner, let that set, then trim the excess.
....and this is how this stands at the time of this post, fusalage floor has had a piece of plasticard put over it, as there is no way to fill and deal with the seam internally once the seat and framing is in, and I've also had to scratch build an instrument panel as theres none provided in this kit.
all in all, i have a nicely busy cockpit, and as a bonus i rediscovered a bunch of photos of both a 1 1/2 strutter, and a sopwith pup taken at cosford in 2016. (i actually bought my pup kit there about 20 minutes after inspecting the real thing!)