Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 10:10 AM GMT+7
AMK has published a statement concerning the current status of their 1/48 scale Grumman F-14 Tomcat
******ABOUT TOMCAT PROGRESS******
Here now is already December in China. We know you all are expecting us to release Tomcat in December. At the moment right now, we can confirm that, we may not be able to reach this goal. We apology for disappointing you all guys!
We had been trying hard to produce faster, but unfortunately, because of various reasons (mainly technical reasons), we are unable to reach the goal to release Tomcat in December.
In the past months, we got lots of questions about Tomcat in Facebook and forums worldwide. We list some words below to answer your questions:
1. We didn't have enough pre-order of 5K pcs.
2. Even so, we had been trying hard to produce faster and hope to release in December. Yes! Mold making is in progress, as you all can see the pictures of Tomcat wing molds.
3. Unfortunately, we (a small and new model company) cannot make it as fast as we expected because of various reasons like, the contents of the kit we designed, existing workload in the factory, difficulties to train suppliers to achieve our quality level, some technical problem and design changes, etc. Some design changes of the assembly of intake doors to control air flow of intake, for example, caused us lots of work. But still, we will change to make sure it is EASY TO BUILD. The 3D pictures is showing the status of the doors to control air flow for subsonic, transonic and supersonic speed.
4. And still, we will keep our paces as fast we can to release this Tomcat kit as fast as possible.
5. From all the comments all around, we can feel, most of you all modelers, are supporting us and expecting us to make it as good as we can, even it is a bit late.
6. To thank you all for supporting us, we will have a missile set (See next post) release earlier or the same time as Tomcat, and it will be GIFT to those who pre-ordered our Tomcat.
Thank you very much for your support again! And we will try to produce kits as good and easy to build as we can!
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers, to mention that you saw their products highlighted here - on AEROSCALE
THIS STORY HAS BEEN READ 1,034 TIMES.